Place the European Capital of Furniture in the route of the grand European and world destinations, adding value to the furniture of Paços de Ferreira as a factor of business and touristic attraction.
Reinforce the image of the diversity and Excellency in the product, claiming it as an asset in the national and international market, through a competitive strategy based on the techniques and the materials used by the companies of Paços de Ferreira.
Enhance the quality-price relation, in a way that the Paços de Ferreira furniture can affirm itself in any European and world stage.
To associate to the brand's promotion the issue of landscape and cultural touring, providing those, who come to visit the European Capital of Furniture, with a patrimonial roadmap included in the Romanesque Route, regional development project which gathers a set of monuments of great value and exceptional particularities from the second half of XI century and early XII century.
Enhance the unique gastronomic offer, such as the ‘Capon à la Freamunde’, an endogenous product, certified by the European Commission by the name Protected Geographic Indication and the regional sweets (rochas da Citânia, brisas do Pilar and doces do Calvário)
Extend the County Hotel industry capacity and contribute to the increase of offer in the Metropolitan Area of Porto (AMP).
Create own identity, capable of assisting our companies to conquer larger market shares and add value to their products.
The Goals of the European Capital of Furniture are to:
- Reinforce the Portuguese furniture market position;
- Help the companies so they can sell their products;
- Encourage the internationalization of the companies;
- Show that the European Capital of Furniture has ‘know-how’, quality (manufacturing certification), diversity, customization, design, innovation, technology and competitive prices;
- Attract public to our territory for both business and leisure ;
- Boost, coordinate and stimulate the achievement of initiatives in several fields.